August 08, 2009

The Tales of the Tired Mind

If you look at the timestamp on this post, you will note that it is rather late. I was actually working on another post - a longer, more detailed one - until about ten minutes ago, at which time something happened that showed me I should probably go to bed.

I was writing about some of the work I have been doing lately, work that involved sheetrocking. And I was really tired. Slowly, involuntarily, my eyelids began to droop as I typed away, recounting how the other day I had been tired but had decided to put up just one last sheet of drywall before heading to supper.

Suddenly, I realized I had been drifting into that misty semi-unconsciousness in which one is neither alert nor slumbering. I hadn't quite fallen asleep, but I had begun to dream at least a little. I shook myself, unable to recall where my thoughts had just been wandering, and looked at the clock. It was past one.

"Maybe I should finish this later," I thought, and when I looked at the computer screen I decided that was a good plan.

"By this time I was very tired," I had written, "but I decided that I would lend my land to the farmer boys..."

1 comment:

Cheech said...

hahahah thats great!!