June 09, 2005

OK, this is NOT a page filler

You may be wondering why none of us Sandford/Holscher bloggers have posted in the last seven days +. The answer? We're all at Cape Cod together. Duh!

We've been having an awesome vacation. It's hard to believe it'll be over in less than two days. It'll be good to get home, but it'll be sad to leave here too.

Caleb has the most incredibly outgoing personality. On Tuesday, he, Ben, and I went to a little general store here in Eastham to buy a treat for a short sail we were going to take in Daddy's 30' boat (not to be confused with the 25' one, the 14' one, the 10' one, the 9' one, the other 9' one, or the 8' one; not to mention the canoe...). I let Caleb pick between ice cream sandwiches and eclair sticks, or something like that. As we took the box he chose (the sandwiches) to the checkout, Caleb declared loudly to the clerk, "I picked those out myself. Know what? He (pointing at me) picked out two boxes and said, 'Caleb, which one should we get.' And I said 'That one.' " He said some other things too, but I can't remember them specifically. I just remember laughing pretty hard.

Another time, he made up a song on the spot about Spiderman. One of the lines in the song went something like, "He can climb walls, he can make spider web. He can kill goo--no, I mean--bad guys. (spoken) No, no, wait; pretend that didn't happen." Of course, everyone who heard him laughed, and for the next few days he would occassionally say something like, "Wasn't I soooo funny when I made that song? Remember how I said 'pretend that didn't happen'?"

We went mini golfing today. I had a really fun time. Ben, Caleb, and I were on one score sheet together the first round, and Daddy joined us the second time (it was a "buy one, get one free" deal). Daddy did REALLY well. Par was 49, and he got 43! For a while he was nine under par. I didn't do as well, but I wasn't too bad. The first time I got 52 and Ben got 51, but the second time I got par and Ben got 52. We got ice cream at Friendly's afterward, and Caleb started talking with a lady and her two kids, a boy and a girl. The lady knew Caleb's name because she and her kids had been playing mini golf one green ahead of us for an entire round of golf. This pleased Caleb immensely. He asked the boy how old he was. The boy replied that he was three. "Ha!" said Caleb. "I'm older than you!" He asked the girl how old she was. She told him she was seven. Caleb responded with mixture of a groan and a wail. It was quite comical.

Well, as usual when I am writing a post on my blog (especially on vacation), it's very late, and I should go. So, tata for now, and probably until I'm back home in the good ol' Granite State.

No comments: