December 07, 2005

Christmas is coming!

So sorry about the dreadful irregularity of my blogging. I tend to spend most of my time free from school doing other things, and what time I DO spend blogging I usually spend on either my template or reading other people's blogs. Nevertheless, here I am again to thrill you all.

Speaking of my template, what does the color of my background look like to you? On my computer it looks gold, but on my mom's it looks a bit peachy. Say what you like, peach is not a color that goes with Christmas in MY humble opinion. So if more than, say, one third of the commenters (and there will be many, WON'T THERE!?!?!) are seeing peach instead of gold, I'll change my background.

Last night, when I was putting up some Christmas lights, I had to get a couple extension cords in order to reach from the lights to the plug. I plugged one in and then picked up the rather tangled mess of cords on the floor. As I did so, I stuck my finger in between the prongs of the second extension cord. My heart jumped as I realized that I was just about to be electrocuted! Fortunately the logical remainder of my brain reminded me pretty quickly that, "No, if you were going to be electrocuted it would already have happened." And then: "Besides, the prongs go into the electric socket, not the other way around." Which all shows just how tired I must have been. (It was pretty late.) The whole episode led me to think: life would be incredible dangerous if the people who started the current electrical system did make the prongs come out of the wall with the electric current. And did the first guy to try to start an electrical system do it that way? If he did, it's no wonder I've never heard of him.

A little Christmas season update (mostly for Bria's benefit): The ice on our pond is frozen solid, although we haven't skated yet. We have our icicle lights up on the porch as well as regular lights on our circular stairway. We have our 9-foot tree up and trimmed with the lights on it, as well as a small tree from the backyard that Ryan and I cut down last Friday. We have wrapping paper all over the holiday table (the table in our dining room that we bring up for Sandford holiday meals) and our nativity set on the bookcase. In short, the whole house is looking pretty festive. I've got a little over half my shopping done, and I know what I'm getting for most of the little under half that I have to do. In fact, the only thing missing is Bria herself, and that problem will soon be remedied.....

8 comments:

Booker said...

I see peach. I am using Firefox too.

in your template, do u use the actual color codes? or just the word? cause that can make a big difference. Also, IE and firefox "interpret" the codes differently. I found that out when I was looking for grey to use on my blog :)

Unknown said...

definitely gold...peach is NOT a Christmasy color...

for the rest of your "thrilling" blog, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Aaron said...

Derrick: I am actually using AOL on both of the computers here, and I'm still seeing different colors on different computers. Also, it's not a problem with typing in the color because it's actually a photo. If I continue to have problems, I'll probably switch to a solid color or some other photo. Thanks for the tip, though. From now on I'll try to check Firefox as well as AOL and IE before I publish new templates.

lis said...

Peach for me too. I'm using Juno.

And I liked the Christmas update! Specially since it doesn't even feel like December here, let alone Christmastime!

Aaron said...

All right, I think 3 out of 5 (counting the two PCs here) seeing peach is enough. I shall change my background ASAP.

CKS said...

Definitely NOT peach. I would have called it more of a beige color. It looks likes carpet or sandpaper. But it looks gold if I tell myself it is.

Aaron said...

You're right, Craig, this isn't peach at all. This is the new background. I agree it does look a bit like carpet or sandpaper, and I may change it again. What it actually is is a gold cloth Christmas tree skirt zoomed in.

Kate said...

peachy.