October 20, 2005

What I Learned Recently:

That I am the only person who reads my blog who likes to solve cryptograms.

Very well, have it your own way. Anyone want to try some trivia? Read one question at a time and see how many questions it takes you to guess the correct answer (who "Miami Flower" is).

1. He is male.



2. He is an actor.



3. He dropped out of high school when he was my age.



4. He is exactly ten months and one day older than Lisa A.



5. He's broken his back, his ribs, his nose, both his legs, his arm, his wrist, a finger and a toe, and cracked his skull three times.



6. His favorite "football" team is Manchester United.



7. His newest movie was recently mentioned on one of the blogs in Derrick's list.



8. He has four initials, and the last three are JBB.



9. In his first major movie, his hair color was light blonde instead of its natural brown.



10. He has acted as the Trojan prince of Greek literature to whom Aphrodite gave the (already married) most beautiful woman in the world (I think her name was Helen, but I haven't read the Iliad in a couple years) as a wife.



11. His most-repeated line at my house is probably, "A diversion."



12. He has acted in LOTR, POTC, and KOH.



13. The "Flower" part of his "codename" is meant to be considered a verb.



14. His costars include Viggo Mortenson, Elijah Wood, Keira Knightley, Johnny Depp, and Kirsten Dunst.



15. He is excellent at archery.



16. He likes to snowboard, and in his movies he also shield-boards and trunk-boards.



15. He is.....(comment and leave the answer if you know)!!

6 comments:

Booker said...

Well, that last one pretty much gave it away :) And I must say, Isaac gave him high praise in saying he was acting like a man in KoH :).

And it doesn't surprise me that no one liked cryptograms. that takes work. the masses want to be entertained and fed-you know, "bread and circuses" and all that...

drewey fern said...

I got it on the second one! But probably only because I, too, had just read Isaac's blog:) And yes, the most beautiful woman in the world was Helen. We're doing the Iliad in school right now!

CKS said...

It took me till the sixth one...I definitely wasn't guessing British actors till then. So once I had that figured out, I had such a huge clue I thought I'd try the cryptogram.

How about "The person in question, Orlando Bloom, starred as Legolas in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy"?

Aaron said...

Nice job, Craig!

Thanks Andrea! I knew Helen was pretty close, but I couldn't remember whether there was an "a" on the end.

Booker said...

Orlando Bloom is a ninny!

!!!!Ka-Sizzle!!!!

lis said...

I solved it absolutely ages ago, my dear Aaron. Simply put my mighty subconscious to work, and (a mere few weeks later) the answer popped suddenly to mind.

Ahem: the person who pressed his shield into service and snowboarded (!) down a stone staircase, plowing into a host of fearsome enemies at the bottom.

:O)