April 25, 2006

My Weekend

In case you're incredibly distraught, disappointed, or otherwise upset about the fact that I have not posted in FOUR WHOLE DAYS(!!!!), allow me to assure you that the reason is not that I'm lazy; it's not that I have nothing to say or show, and it's not that I hate blogs. It's not even that I'm too busy 100% of the time. It's just that our blankety blank internet connection wouldn't let me upload any pictures! Grrrr. Just wait til Thursday.

Four days is not actually a very long time, but it has been much longer than that since I actually wrote an interesting post with more than pictures or a few quick notes. It's time I actually wrote something interesting for a change.

You may have noticed me lamenting in my last post the fact that I would not be able to go to the youth weekend at Fairwood until the second day. And I lamented rightly, too: I MISSED ULTIMATE FRISBEE!!! ("Let the bitter tears I'm shedding witness my distress...") Nevertheless, Cara and I sacrificed our ritual Sabbath sleep-in so that we could get over to Fairwood by the end of breakfast. None of my close friends were there this time, but I still had a good time. We had a number of relay races and the like in the afternoon, and I enjoyed myself to an unusual extent considering the fact that my team lost all of them. All, that is, except for the Great Fairwood Baking Contest and Scavenger Hunt. We made the best-tasting and nicest-looking brownies in the second shortest amount of time. It was quite a pleasant surprise.

In the afternoon we had three activities to choose from: hiking, watching "Narnia", or playing games in the parlor. I opted for the parlor games since I was too tired to hike and had already seen "Narnia" twice. We played Pictionary and Catchphrase, and I had a fun time.

Cara and I stayed for sports that evening, and I enjoyed them for the most part. We played warball first, and I am SOOO bad at warball. I have a horrible arm, and I can't catch. I can dodge, but who wants to just dodge the whole time? I did manage to get a few people out, but far more people got ME out. Nevertheless, my team managed to pull off the victory most of the times we played.

We played basketball second. I made a grawnd total of one basket out of about five tries, but I wasn't surprised or disappointed because offence isn't my strong point. Besides, my team won the first game without my getting any baskets at all, and my one basket in the second game saved us from defeat. (I'm sure you were very anxious to hear all this.)

I despise kickball. We left early. I was glad.

I went to Craig's senior composition recital in CT on Sunday! We got there just a few minutes early in spite of taking wrong exits and highways a couple times. All the music was wonderful, but I especially enjoyed the choral pieces. I had to keep reminding myself that Craig had written all the music.

3 comments:

Booker said...

Yay for highspeed!!! :-)

Cara said...

I love warball...

Unknown said...

Your cousin Craig must be a musical genius! Congrats on the brownie-baking. I've never made any brownies other than the mix kind.