April 29, 2006

Well, well...

Here I was proclaiming throughout the past week, "High-speed is coming on Thursday!" and "Thursday I will REALLY start to post!" and now over four days have passed and I have yet to post. Ah well, such is life.

I have been enjoying the internet. We have a wireless router, and all our computers have wireless, so we have internet throughout the entire house. The router is in the basement and my bedroom is on the fourth floor, so I sometimes get disconnected, but not very often.

This weekend we rearranged four of the seven bedrooms in our house! Ryan's and my rooms have undergone the most drastic changes. We took one of the beds and one of the bureaus out of Ryan's room and put them in Bria's room, giving Ryan enough room for a desk with a computer. The computer part caused a bit of a controversy, since it was the shell of what was once Cara's computer. We put it in there without asking her, and she was quite annoyed. Before you make any judgments, however, consider that her computer hadn't been working for the past couple of weeks, and to fix it I had to literally rebuild it; in fact, it now shares absolutely zero parts with the computer that used to be in Cara's room.

In my room, I took out my bedstead and just put down a boxspring and mattress so I could push my bed closer to the slanted ceiling, and I moved the bureau to the opposite side of the room. That freed up the one vertical wall in my room, giving me a place to put a desk. Not only do I have that extra piece of furniture, but, by using up more of the space under the eaves, I've made the room more spacious-feeling as well.

Our pool is open! It's also clean and sufficiently chlorinated. The temperature, however, is not exactly comfortable. In fact, it's not even close.

I still haven't put up any more pictures, but now I have the capability at least. We'll see how I do at getting to use that capability...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I heard about the computer episode, ha ha. Luckily, I don't have one, or an older brother to take it apart. Glad you're having fun with the high-speed internet!
It's fun to move rooms around, especially if it's your own room. I had fun deciding where to put the furniture when I first moved into my new room.