May 13, 2006

Events

I would have posted recently if it weren't for several different circumstances. First, I couldn't get blogger to upload my pictures for some reason or other (at least, it was taking too long). Second, instead of posting last night, I spent hours and hours trying to get a networked game going among my computer, Cara's laptop, and Mama's laptop. Alas, I had no success. Instead I wasted four hours getting more and more frustrated. I had a good network connection going, and I could transfer files easily from one computer to the other, but the games would not connect. What made it worse is that it started to at the beginning, and then just stopped altogether. Therefore I spent at least three hours just trying to get it back to what it had been when I started, and I didn't know what I had changed. In fact, I still don't. Ah, the joys and sorrows of computers.

Yesterday, Mama took our two cats, Schooner and Ketch, down to Connecticut to bring them to an Animal Rescue League. The local ARL makes you pay $70 per animal that you drop off, so Mama decided to take them to CT since she could visit her mom and drop off the cats for free. The reason we were getting rid of them? Allergies. Mama thinks Ryan is allergic to cats, since he is definitely allergic to something and it doesn't seem to be food.

Mama left the house around 9:30 AM with the cats. She brought them both in one small carrier since that was all we had. They were quite snug, but they seemed to be content. Mama met her mom at her house (I think, but it's irrelevant anyway) and they drove to the ARL together. The first thing Mama noticed when she entered the place was that it smelled. It smelled of ANIMALS!!! That gave her a bad impression. Then the person in charge showed her where the cats are kept. They were all let loose in a large room because "they're happier that way." Then Mama heard that in the basement there were 92 cats that had been taken from the house of some old lady who had dead cats in her freezer. This was too much. She burst into tears and brought the cats home. So if you were dreadfully saddened that our cats were gone, take heart: they're not gone yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear, that's awful about the 92 cats! I'm glad your mom didn't drop Schooner and Ketch off at that place; maybe she'll find a better place for them. Of course I'm dreadfully saddened that they have to go, but I hope that at least they go to a nice place.

Booker said...

your mother is a very kind hearted person indeed.

Good luck with that network. You're gonna need more than luck tho, lol...