May 18, 2006

In Which I Find Myself Earnestly Busy

I can't think of much to say, but I want to say something so here something is.

I went to see "The Importance of Being Earnest" today at the high school where my cousin Chad is a teacher. He directed the play, and I am happy to say I enjoyed it thoroughly. My biggest complaint was that, although the sound guys had the "Imp. of Be. Ear." movie soundtrack on, they never played more than between an quarter and a third of the "Western Wind.." song. (The one with Colin Firth and Rupert Everett singing a duet.) I really love the play itself, though. Oscar Wilde's wit is timeless.

Tomorrow promises to be a busy day. Mama is going to Florida to spend a weekend with her sister and brother-in-law, and I have a piano lesson. Also, I have Friday cleaning, school, and innumerable chores. (Well, obviously they're not exactly innumerable in every sense of the word; I'm just trying to imply many chores. I suppose I could have just said that and saved myself much blog space, but who cares? It's free!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you said the something you wanted to say but couldn't think of.

Plays are really fun. I haven't seen the movie of 'The Importance of Being Earnest' yet, but want to soon!

I hope your mom has a great time in Florida! Don't enjoy the innumerable chores too much!