August 10, 2006

A Fair and Balanced Report

New Hampshire is the nicest place in the world. I can say this because I've been to Europe, and New Hampshire is nicer. So there. I hope I never have to live anywhere else. Sometimes in the middle of summer I think it might be nice in Alaska, and occassionally in the winter Florida sounds tempting; but come spring, late summer, or autumn and all disloyal feelings are instantly banished to the farthest corners of my brain, where they lurk until the next bout of extremes comes up. Even in the winter, as long as the roads and the pond are clear of snow and slush, I am quite content. Skating is a great sport, and so is sledding. You can't do those in Florida. New Hampshire is nicer.

My, how I enjoy this August weather! The humidity is down, the breezes are up, and though the days are still warm, the nights are brisk. Ahhh, this is how summer was meant to be! Right now, the forecast is for mid-seventy to low-eighty degree weather in the next couple days, with plenty of sunshine. Nights are expected to be in the fifties or sixties. Just how I like them!

Florida's weather forecast is similar, but it's 20 degrees higher both night and day, with humidity about 25% higher, and...thunderstorms! That means rain! Hahahaha! Poor them. We get isolated evening t-storms tonight, but they get them for DAYS and DAYS while we bask in the northern sun.

In case you think that New Hampshire is only sometimes nice this time of year, here's some evidence for me to shove in your face: I felt the same way last year! See?

This report concludes that New Hampshire is the nicest place in the world because it is definitely nicer than both Florida and Europe, and everyone who knows ANYTHING knows that those places are some of the world's runners-up. I mean, people go to Florida because it's warm, and to Europe because it's romantic. Logically speaking, if people go to Florida and Europe all the time of their own free will (by the way, New Hampshire is also the best place in the world as far as freedom is concerned; just check out our state motto!), Florida and Europe must be very nice. And if Florida and Europe are better than almost everywhere else, and New Hampshire is better than them (as I have shown in a report that is completely free from bias), it follows that the Granite State is the nicest place on earth.

Case closed.

; )

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely agree. I've lived here all my life, and I never want to move anywhere else. Sure, I'd like to visit a few places someday, but I know that there is absolutely no place on earth as nice as New Hampshire.

Especially in the fall.

Unknown said...

I like your new icon! I think, for a car, black is my favorite color. Or is that silver? I can't tell, but anyway, they're both my favorites!

Susan Elizabeth said...

New Hampshire is numero uno on my list of places to be! Can't think of any better place to be...Can't wait for the smell of woodsmoke and fresh apple pie!!!

wideyed said...

but it's so COLD!!!

Anonymous said...

Ya, but can you live free or die in PA? I THINK NOT!

drewey fern said...

NH FOREVER!!!

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ol' 'Lanche and I have been around some---We've seen nicer...

Anonymous said...

Biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased, biased!!!!!................................You are completely and utterly biased beyond all belief. NH is nice, but NY is far superior. The Granite State has too many trees and-nevermind. End of argument.( I could go on for another 30 seconds if I let myself.)

Unknown said...

I like the trees! And it's not like the entire state is a forest, either.

Of course, I've never been to NY, but still.

Susan Elizabeth said...

WEll, this is such a controversial subject...we could go on and on..but what would that solve? We each have an opinion about the place we live. Let's all agree that America is the place to live! Whether east coast, west coast, south, north, wherever!

p.s. of course New Hampshire does rank near, if not at, the very top of the list! And I have been to PA,(honeymooned there) and NY(drove right through the middle). Both are very pretty states; but there is no place like home!

Susan Elizabeth said...

p.s. see the trouble you have caused with this particular subject, Aaron? (and you didn't even mention the Red Sox and Yanks!)

CKS said...

Aaron--

"Couldn't have said it better myself, Chief!"

And on top of NH being such a nice state, it's full of awesome cousins who think like you do.