August 06, 2006

Woe and Misery

You know how I couldn't find my camera for, like, forever? And you know how I just, like, found it? Well, yesterday I, like, broke it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH!

As I was holding my dear little Exily (since Lisa named her camera, I figured I might as well name my own) in my right hand, I reached up with my left and somehow my pinky finger caught on the camera strap that is supposed to be for safety, and my camera FLEW into the air and landed on our hard, hard, hardwood floors with a loud smack. I picked it up and checked it for damage, and although it still takes pictures, the zoom sticks whichever way I use it and the "SET/OK" button doesn't work at all.

SO, tomorrow or sometime later I am going to send dear little Exily down to New Jersey, where the Casio family hospital is. I hope very strongly that the company will cover it under the one-year warranty (I bought the camera in Feb.). Pray that it does! Pleeeeeeease!!!

On a happier note, these past couple days I enjoyed a "Shakespeare Movie Weekend" with Bria, Ryan, and Kate A, a weekend which was majorly interrupted by a daysail on the Atlantic Ocean! Daddy, Craig, and Paul S. of MCA came with us (or rather, we went with them) as we sailed up the coast of Maine from Portsmouth Harbor to the Cape Neddick lighthouse (see picture, which I did not take due to Exily's exile). We had a jolly time: the sun was warm, the breeze was stiff, and the friends were charming as always.



Movie quote of the day:

Optimist: There; aren't you glad, glad, glad?

Sad one (me): No, I'm still sad, sad, sad. I miss Fern Exily.

13 comments:

Cara said...

That's sad sad sad. Wilbur knew what he was talking about.

Unknown said...

Oh dear. Poor dear little Exily. Hope she (or he) gets fixed!

lis said...

Oh woe! Fred sends get-well-wishes.

Cheech said...

Thats awful!Im so sorry.:(

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...its happened to you now.First I break Ben's, and now you have smashed yours. Maybe some of my bad luck rubbed of on you-I did break a mirror a few months ago(actually, Ben broke it, but I didn't tell him that it was hanging on the back of my door, so when he opened the door rather speedily,it broke. So in a way it was my fault-just like with the camera).Wail!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woeful are those who break things!

Cara said...

I broke a mirror today, and I've broken at least two cameras in my life. Though I think they were ten dollar ones...It must run in the family.

Anonymous said...

You have the most exciting life! You lose the camera, you find the camera, you break the camera,...WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR CAMERA!!! Let's hear more about the Segway!!!!! (or maybe you could edit your head onto a picture of Spiderman...or how about another award-winning music video?!?)
Come on, we're getting bored out here in Blogger Land!

Aaron said...

Well, lets see: six people who commented care, I care, at least seven people who didn't comment care, and that totals to fourteen; that's enough for me.

If you don't care at all about my life, then that's fine; but why bother commenting at all? It's oxymoronic....nay, moronic. Write your own life! I'll take your advice and update my blog when I find time and inspiration.

Have a nice day!

Aaron said...

Sorry, I don't have a whole lot of patience with anonymous people recently.

Anonymous said...

...oops...sorry for the previous rough comment. I do hope you get your camera back in tip-top condition so we can enjoy more posted pictures. This concludes any further anonymous comments from this person. Again, I extend my sincere apology.

Aaron said...

Oh boy, now I feel really bad. I'm sorry toooooo! All hard feelings gone toward whomever you are! It's amazing what an apology can do. Yours is accepted and reciprocated seven-fold.

Booker said...

man, that is tough. Here's to hoping it IS covered...

Anonymous said...

For those of you who don't know, breaking a mirror is supposed to bring 7 years of bad luck. That's why I wrote about breaking one. I certainly consider breaking camera's horrible luck...not that luck exist. Bla, bla, bla.