August 09, 2007

Self-Analysis

Have you ever felt that your life was monotonous but at the same time not wanted to do anything about it? Have you wanted your room clean but not wanted to clean your room; wished something exciting would happen but not been especially active in bringing anything exciting about; felt that you really should be doing so much more but at the same time felt utterly apathetic? Have you sat for minutes at a time just looking at all the work that surrounds you, knowing that it must soon be accomplished, reminding yourself of the time, and making lists of what else needs to be done, but quietly refusing to apply yourself to the task?

Because that's how I feel right now.

2 comments:

Susan Elizabeth said...

But doesn't this heavenly weather just jumpstart you to want to do bucket-loads of projects? I feel like painting, baking, cleaning, re-decorating, walking through the woods, apple-picking...did I mention baking? (oh, I guess I did...!) APPLE PIE!!!!!

Unknown said...

That could probably be a song. I know the feeling. Monotonous life, cluttered room, wishing for something truly exciting to happen, and not really wanting to make these things happen...I can definitely relate to this post.

However, it's just a phase in life. It will eventually change. :)