February 11, 2008

My New Skill


I did something this evening that I don't think I've ever done before: I typed in my sleep!!! It all started when I was writing a historical fiction paper for Exodus class. I was telling the story of some of the plagues from the perspective of one of Pharaoh's Hebrew slaves, and boy was I struggling! The fact is, I was tired, and the more I wrote, the less I could think. Slowly, subtly, I felt myself drifting into slumber as I typed. I could not resist...

When I woke up a half hour later, this is what my screen said:

"Hark, Pharaoh, thou evil lord of an iniquitous nation!" Lifting his famed rod toward the heavens, Aaron spoke with assurance and power, his voice trembling with emotion."

Just kidding. Here is what my paper really said:

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....

Et cetera. Nineteen pages of et cetera. And to think I wrote nineteen pages in my SLEEP!!! Who knew I could multitask so well?

4 comments:

lis said...

*giggling*

Claire said...

I'm SO impressed!

Cheech said...

Wow! And I thought I was the champion sleep walker of the family!! :)

KJ said...

Hahahaha... that's great! I laughed out loud and distracted the mighty third years who are planning their Sunday service :)