February 09, 2008

What I Love


Singing John Rutter and Felix Mendehlsson in the library with Craig and Gretchen. That's what I did for several blissful hours this Sabbath evening, and I really can't think of anything I would rather have done.

Lest you think that experience insufficient to perfect a Friday evening, before that I spent an enjoyable hour or so listening to Mr. M. read "The Hobbit" and watching little Jamie be adorable. He (Jamie, that is), sat on my lap for a while, and that notched my joy up another level. Even had he not been there to charm with his cuteness, the reading itself was so good. I am sometimes amazed by how much I have forgotten of "The Hobbit" - a book I have read multiple times. The story is practically new to me now, and Mr. M. is a wonderful reader.

Also, we had chocolate cake for Sabbath treat.

All this is to say that my Sabbath has been nearly perfect so far. I feel incredibly peaceful and relaxed, and I hope this Sabbath brings you a similar experience.

Shabbat Shalom!

1 comment:

drewey fern said...

I am so jealous! I can hardly think of a more perfect Sabbath evening. And I just finished teaching the Hobbit yesterday! You should ask your friend about it:)