August 03, 2005



In case you haven't guessed what this means, we've started school. Yes, the rest of the year I will probably be primarily a weekend blogger. We haven't started off very quickly--some of our books haven't even arrived yet--but we've started all the same, and therefore I have posted little. I've been procrastinating on math, and haven't started it yet. There's something about the name "Advanced Math" that just puts a lump in one's throat and a resolution in one's mind to never, ever touch that book. But I shall strive to overcome. (I think) In the meantime, I've been studying how not to write sentences like "The furry mammal of a canine variety that had mixed ancestry displaced the soil in order to achieve its purpose of inhuming the calcium-containing osseous artifact it possessed." (Translation: "The mutt dug up the dirt to bury its bone.") As if I ever intended to write that way! I am a giant in the world of writing; I am Shakespeare in modern times; the flowers of the field would bow to me if they knew the extent of my knowledge; I am like a breath of fresh wind on a hot and humid day. (These are not expressions of vanity; on the contrary, they are examples of how to--according to my composition book--write interesting sentences: using similes, metaphors, personification, and hyperbole.)

BIG NEWS, BIG NEWS!!!
Daddy's Mazda 626 is going to the junk yard! Yes sir, that trip halfway to the Holschers was its last trip it ever took or ever will take. I shall never again drive that, the first car I ever drove. I think I might have even driven it farther than I've driven any other car, but that is debatable. (I drove the Toyota to RI and back and halfway to NY and all the way back, as well as many to-town-and-back trips in the past couple weeks; I only drove the Mazda to the start of Cape Cod, to Portsmouth twice, and on many, many to-town-and-back trips. But anyway....) I may miss that car dreadfully (sniff, sniff) but because of its demise, we'll probably get...a new car!!! Of course, it'll be Daddy's office car and not like a Sandford family runabout or anything, but I will probably get to drive it somewhat anyway. Because of Sandford Surveying's GM credit card points, the two top choices we are currently considering are the Chevy Cobalt and the Pontiac Vibe. (I'm still hoping for a Cadillac)....

Hmmm...Which car will it be?

1 comment:

Booker said...

Nice post. Glad you don't write like that all the time tho :)

As for the car, I like the Vibe myself. I shall now just check you on the weekends. Thanks for the heads up...