August 21, 2005

Pictures of Nature

I decided to post some of the pictures that I got from the roll of film I recently developed. Some of them came out really well. I spent an afternoon last week taking pictures around the house, mostly at the pond. All of the pictures were taken with Daddy's Pentax K1000 SLR camera, and most of the pictures in this post were taken last Monday.

The two exceptions are the baby robin and the black duck. I took the picture of the duck a couple days before when there were six or seven of the birds swimming in the pond. I managed to get pretty close to them to take the pictures, and I zoomed in on the computer afterward as well. The robin's picture was taken a while ago when someone found the dear little creature sitting on our porch. Either it landed there on its first, and only partially successful, flight, or one of our cats carried it there. If we knew how it got there, I can't remember. Anyway, we moved it (gently and without touching it) off the porch and onto the flower garden in front of our house, from where it hobbled to our driveway, which is where I took this picture. I'm not sure what happened to it in the end, but we kept the cats inside and both of the robin's parents were flitting anxiously about in the trees immediately overhead, so I'm guessing it was all right.

As for the spider, isn't it a beauty? As Charlotte reminds Wilbur, in the movie Charlotte's Web (and probably the book, although I haven't read it), all spiders are beautiful; however, I think this one takes the cake. It's still there, sitting in its lovely web by the pond (safely distant from the house) in case you want to see it in person. Or maybe the picture is enough.....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Lisa

KJ said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you remembered to put film in your camera before you took all these pictures! :) Have you ever considered entering a photo contest?

Aaron said...

Wow! Thanks for the compliments! I never really thought of entering them in a contest, but I suppose I could consider it with this kind of praise.