August 16, 2005

My Amazing Feat

I listened to the same CD for almost twelve hours today. Twelve. XII. Dodici. Dodici ore. Not only that, but I was not once bored of the music I heard. How, you may ask, is that possible? Well, I wasn't bored because I never--or almost never--heard the same song twice in a row. And THAT was possible because I just bought a new CD player that takes MP3 CDs. (The silver one in the picture on the right. This was the best picture I could find quickly on the web.) I burned an MP3 CD (actually an "Atrac3plus CD") yesterday with all my classical music on it, and now I have 224 songs (from about sixteen CDs) on one CD. Sometimes technology is just so amazing. (Other times I want to throw technology out the window of my fourth-story bedroom; fortunately, I haven't had that urge yet with my new CD player.) I probably won't listen to the whole CD again tomorrow: I'll just listen to the remaining five hours on the disc.

I almost wrote about Sunday's awesome thunderstorm at Fairwood, but then I remembered that most of the people most likely to read my blog were there! For those who were not, I will briefly summarize the storm. Brilliant! Spectacular! and most of all Ear-splittingly LOUD! I enjoyed every second of it. I could see lightning bolts striking all over Mt. Monadnock, and one came noisily close to Fairwood. I feel sorry for people who are afraid of thunder. It can be so much fun to listen to!

I used up a roll of film in a camera today. I opened up the back after rewinding, and.....there it was in all its green and gold glory! I gave a long sigh of relief.

2 comments:

brilynne said...

For those of you who don't know, there have been multiple times when he has opened up the back of his camera only to find emptiness..

congrats, Aaron! Can't wait to see the pics.

Booker said...

Nice! aren't cdmp3 players the greatest? I'm assuming you rip yours at 128? i do mine at 320. It takes more room, and to be honest, I can't hear a difference, but I always tell myself that it is because of the equipment :)