January 29, 2007

What Shall I Say Then?

The answer to the question which entitles this post has recently managed to escape my grasp. As someone in the musical version of Anne of Green Gables, I believe (I haven't seen the play for at least four years), so aptly puts it, "I just can't find the words." It is rather annoying. Here I sit at the computer, desperate to pour out my heart to a yearning public, and yet words fail me. With the occasional exceptions of sighs and expostulations, nothing comes to mind. Nothing at all.

I have tried multiple times to come up with a blog post recently, but it has all been to no avail. (Or do you say nothing was to avail? It availed nothing? Nothing was of any use? I trust you get my meaning, and I will now move on to finish my thought.) For instance, last week I took a "before" picture of my deplorably messy room, both for blog-fodder and for inspiration, but when my room was only reduced to the level of "lamentably messy," I was forced to cross that idea off my list.

One topic that seems a bit more promising is our skating, which has been terrific. Nevertheless, it would hardly make a good, interesting, long post considering the facts that there is no real story involved and that I lack Claire's or Craig's gift of making every anecdote/non-anecdote incredibly intriguing. Therefore I will content myself with saying that the ice is good, I have been having a great deal of fun on it, and the "skatable" area extends farther into the swamp than ever before. Oh, and I beat my Dad in a race for the first time EVER! (Actually, I could probably write a spiffy little post about that, ending it with "The flush of victory was on his cheeks, betraying the agony of his aching lungs," but I don't really have the time.)

Hmmm... our lunches have not been as interesting these past few days, fit for a kuningas though they may have been. (Everything we have here is fit for a kuningas.)

I've been enjoying a number of my subjects this year in school, but that topic was already basically covered at the beginning of the year. Of course, there is no harm in reiterating that I have been enjoying all my subjects to some degree, particularly Calculus and Italian, but that fact is hardly worthy of a blog post in itself. Who wants to read a post about the definite integral of sin x on the interval from 0 to π being 2? Who cares that [∫π0 sin x = 2] means the same thing? Who labors to type in my URL or click my link just to hear me tell them that "Stai attenta! Le strade sono sdrucciolevole! Non guidare velocemente!" means pretty much the same thing as "Be careful! The roads are slippery! Don't drive fast!"? I do not check other people's blogs to learn such things, and I do not wish to presume that others are any different. Besides, I've heard somewhere that, deep down inside, we're all the same.

I could tell you that my retainer makes my mouth dry; I could tell you that torque is the force applied perpendicular to the arm of a lever multiplied by the length of said arm; I could tell you that I now have a graphite tennis racket; I could tell you that I do not have a microSD card; I could even tell you that I have a little bottle of 70% isopropyl alcohol on my desk and that my printer is not currently plugged in; but would any of these subjects succeed in conveying anything interesting or of note to those who wish to hear interesting and notable things? I think not!

Dear me; I am undone.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, you definitely succeeded in writing a looooooooooong post...which seems to happen only when you claim to have nothing to write about...;)

Linds said...

I enjoyed your non-post :) Espt the last paragraph about all the things you could tell us, but "didn't."

Linds said...

Don't know where that extra "t" appeared from in "esp," but whatever!

Booker said...

is there a gene in the S genome that makes it impossible to write short posts? You and Craig, hahahaa

;-)

Cara said...

I could tell you that you are writing Lemony Snicket style, but that would make me feel so horrible to relate to you the incredible monstrosity involved with this statement, that I won't.

DJ-That gene doesn't apply to me, apparently!

Susan Elizabeth said...

You are officially crowned the "King of saying scads about absolutely nothing"... K.O.S.S.A.A.N. To abbreviate...

p.s. you could've posted about the wonderful times you have had skating with un-named neighbors...

Anonymous said...

good post Aaron!