January 18, 2007

Blog Scavenger Hunt!!!!

Here is my entry for the D&S J Official Blog Scavenger Hunt!!!! I must say it was a lot of fun...


* A Shoe
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
- From the blog of Cara S.


* A Tooth
"News about teeth!"
Everyone's favorite subject, I'm sure. Teeth just seem to fascinate everyone. Anyway, I'm losing a few on Tuesday (1-25-05)--my wisdom teeth, in fact. All four. My Oral Surgeon says that if he makes a mistake with the bottom, I could lose all the feeling in my mouth--possibly (though not likely) permanently. If he makes a mistake on the top, there is a small chance my mouth could be connected to my sinus cavity, and I could shoot water out my nose from my mouth! Sounds fun. I will be taking a TON of medications: Prescription Advil, Vicodin, some sort of steroids, and a special type of non-stinging mouthwash. Unlike most people, I don't consider this the opportunity of a lifetime.
- Me


* An Odd Name
Interesting name watch:
1. Hammer
This guy had a foreign accent which I couldn't place, and which was very difficult to understand. Our conversation went like this:
"What name do you want on the order?"
"Hamma"
"What was that?"
"Hamma, like the tool."
Katie looks confused. "Could you spell that please?"
"H-a-m-m-e-r"
"Oh!" Katie looks embarrassed.
2. Clover
3. Odelia (actually one of the employees)
4. Athena
5. Tiberius
- Kate A.


* A Car (fancier the better)
What could be fancier than a Lamborghini?

- Me again


* A Frightful Dilemma
SUDDENLY The Creature BURST through the grass about 20 feet in front of me, and my legs began to tremble. I stood frozen on the road, not sure whether to

  1. run into the church,
  2. stay frozen,
  3. wait for a car to come by and rescue me, (and pray it wasn't scary stalker man who gives out flowers to people on walks)
  4. scream loudly and draw all the attention of the neighbors,
  5. faint,
  6. or give chase! (Yeah, um... that one never crossed my mind!)
- Lindsay J.



* A Discussion of Childbirth

Jackson Josiah decided to make an early appearance yesterday afternoon. We're all thrilled he did, especially his mother, since he was 9 pounds 2 ounces--15 days early! Somehow my midwife had a sensing he was an extra big baby, so she took measures on Monday to help things along. I went into labor on Monday evening and he was born Tuesday at 3:42 p.m. A long, fairly hard labor, but we're so happy he's here. He's wonderfully healthy and so far very easy.
- Jill J.


* A Theological Discussion/Debate

After extraordinary personal struggles, and questions of life and death and God, and then after a soul-searching experience in which he deals with man's mortality, Hamlet finally arrives at this truth: "There's a special providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it be now, 'tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all..." In other words, I cannot control my life or death, that is God's province. And He has it perfectly planned out. It is just my job to be ready for, and to accept, whatever He brings to me.
- Andrea M.


* A Funny Line, Joke, or Short Post
Guess what I just realized? Cara is a four letter word.
- Cara S.


* A Train (the engine and cars kind)
....It just struck my funny bone. To be precise, it struck my roll-your-eyes-and-marvel-at-the-weird/needless -attention- to- detail bone. It's kind of like when we're watching a movie that is supposed to take place a hundred years ago, and a train comes along in some scene, and [Brad] says something like," That's totally wrong. That train wasn't made for another forty years..." So now, whenever I see a train in a movie, I automatically shout, " That's not real! Anachronism!"
- Claire P.


* A Hairbrush
You wouldn't believe how long it took me to find this picture. I looked EVERYWHERE for some mention or picture of a hairbrush, and after a couple hours of searching, this is all I found. Notice the handle of the brush on the table in the far right of the picture.
- Picture from the blog of Jenna B.


* An appeal for money
All you will have to do to purchase this wonderful product from the evil older brother is call 1-800-DISAPPEAR or visit www.invisibilityworldheadquartersnh.com! Please make sure you have $758,220,700,000 on hand - cash only - in order to purchase your first dose!
- Ryan S.


* A Hobby
What you see before you is approximately two years' worth of fingernails and toenails. In all the time since I began the collection, I have not failed to add a single clipping to the egg. To be fair, my freshman year roommate and the kid across the hall contributed a few finger and toe clippings apiece, before they withdrew their support from my endeavor; in fact, last year my roommate (same one) tried to throw the collection away and once held it for ransom. It has also survived spills on several occasions, but is largely intact.
- Pat R.


* Green
While driving past a river near my house I told my mom quickly to pull over yelling "I need a green photo!" well this is what came out after a few tires it has some yellow in it but this is my green photo.
- Alex B.

1 comment:

ljm said...

Great job, Aaron...I'm still having some trouble with the hairbrush myself. And, I thought about using Pat's nail collection for a hobby too...