March 21, 2007

Horseflies

I've been spending a lot of the past week or so at Fairwood for the Feast of Passover, and hence my time for blogging has been decimated. I'm not sure that's the right word, but it gets the idea across and it's too late to go to thesaurus.com, right? It's even too late to come up with a relevant title!

The Feast has been great: full of good fellowship, good fun, and good - nay, excellent - meetings. I would right a synopsis of all the different meetings, but it is past midnight.

So, then, why am I writing at all? I am writing because my number of visits has plummeted. (Heeeeelp!!! It's the end of the world!!!) I don't really blame the non-visitors, though; no, I pity the poor, poor bloggers, having to put up with days and days of Aaronlessness!

Aaronlessness is a big big word which means different things to different people. To some it is mild frustration, to others total despair. For some it means mild boredom, for some it means EXTREME boredom! It is not good! (For some it means nothing at all, but that's just too bad for them.)

Speaking of horseflies, I learned how to say "the man runs" in Hebrew today! I am so proud of myself. I feel like a regular linguist. "Ha eesh rahtz." That's what it sounds like.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your number of visits probably plummeted because a lot of the people who blog and read your blog went to the Feast, right? You've got to admit that 8,007 (which is what it says right now) really isn't that bad. :)

Aaronlessness, hmmm? Mild frustration, mild relief, and mild boredom for me, I guess...;) Not really mild relief; I was just kidding. :)

I can't believe you don't know whether 'decimated' is the right term or not! That's...that's...UNHEARD OF! ;)However, it did get the idea across. :)

Aaron said...

Yeah, many people went to the feast, but also a lot of people just don't bother to check blogs that don't have new posts. (I wonder why? ;)

I suppose I should have said, "I know decimated isn't the term I'm looking for, but..." Oh, well. :) I think "diminished" would probably have been the best word to use instead.