May 14, 2007

I Am NOT Impuissant!

As writer, designer, and editor-in-chief of "Aaron's Blog", I strive to achieve a fair balance of humor and meaning, pictures and text, and reality and fantasy. Of course, I don't strive very hard, necessarily, which explains the prevalence of fantastic pictorial attempts at humor throughout this publication. I would love to reverse this trend, but I keep running out of time and having too much school or work of other kinds on my plate to consider a serious post-writing session. For one thing, I have other things to write about for school if I feel like writing seriously, and for another, I'm slow at writing anyway. Sometimes I can design a new blog template in less time than it takes for me to write a page-long blog post. (I was going to say "full-length", but what's a "full-length" blog post?) Finally, how am I expected to find the time to write on my blog on Monday nights when I HAVE to watch 24?!?!? The question borders on inanity.

So, I am going to continue the trend.

This past weekend, I attended my cousin's graduation from the Bible school in Dublin. After the ceremony, I hung out with some friends on the front lawn and proved to them, once and for all, that I am not a light-weight, muscle-less, exercise-hating, athletics-shunning, geeky twerp of a weakling. I showed them, all right! I showed 'em my special flips! I twisted, turned, jumped, and glided, and when I had finished gamboling about, they had to admit that Paul Hamm would have nothing on me if I just worked out another thirteen hours a day and lifted weights while I did my school.



Of course, it is rather strange how my arms get so muscular and tan when I jump - perhaps even as muscular and tan as my friend Tony's (!) - while my face remains pale. Natural phenomena can be really perplexing sometimes, can't they?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha...

Susan Elizabeth said...

hmmmmm.....

~jenna said...

also, love the new blog template you have made, very clean!! nice flips ;)

Photoguy said...

Funny, but that is so photoshopped!

TripleNine said...

Nice template. Clean, crisp, sharp, and good looking too.

TripleNine said...

Oh did (you) do that flip off the porch or straight off the ground?

Anonymous said...

Tony was the real flipper, as you have probably gathered from my hint, and he flipped straight off the ground. I believe he had a slight running start.

Claire said...

You've been tagged! Come check out me blog for da details...

Kayla said...

yeah, I figured out who it was without the hint, but I had to stare at it a long time before could. Pretty nifty!