May 22, 2007

I'm IT!

Claire just caught me in a game of blog tag. I have to list seven random facts about myself, choose seven other people whom I have deigned worthy of being tagged, and state the rules so that said people will know what this tagging business is all about. Also, I must leave a comment on the respective blogs of the people I tag.

It's all rather neat, in my opinion. The biggest downside is that it won't be long before all my blogging friends have been tagged and the game will have to end. However, that won't matter to me because I have had the good luck to be one of the first caught! How fortuitous! Here goes:

1. I will be graduating from high school next month, and I am the valedictorian! My grades are, like, wicked high, lol, and that's why I totally deserve that title. Actually, for those of you who are unaware, which is probably none of you, I am home-schooled and therefore have no competition. I would be valedictorian even if I had D+'s and C-'s across the board. Fortunately, that is not the case.

2. I only say "lol" tongue in cheek.

3. I prefer prose to poetry, for the most part. I have been studying both English and American literature this year, and I can't say how glad I was when the endless poetry chapters (Victorian in one and Modern in the other) ended this week and I got to read good old regular writing for a change. Not that I don't like Robert Frost, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Tennyson, and Keats, but it was so refreshing to switch to Thomas Hardy, Pearl Buck, Rudyard Kipling, and James Thurber. I can finally read more than three or four pages an hour without my brain going into either a daze or panic mode!

4. Hmmmm... what else? Well, I'd much rather differentiate than integrate...

5. OK, let's see if I can dig up a random fact from my childhood so that my facts will actually BE random and not a report on my progress and preferences in school. Ah, I know. One of my earlier memories is going to a party - probably for Christmas - with my extended family at my Aunt Lori and Uncle Lloyd's house. We were having turkey for dinner, and Uncle Lloyd was cutting it with an electric knife. I was VERY impressed. What an amazing piece of machinery! It did all the cutting for you! I probably came rather close to breaking the tenth commandment before I found out that we had one too. Anyhow, several days later, Mama was looking for a knife for something, and apparently there was none to be found. I exclaimed, "Aunt Lori has a knife!" Mama and Daddy were both quite amused with this helpful little statement, and perceiving their laughter, I proceeded to use the expression whenever the opportunity arose.

6. Someday I hope to be excessively wealthy and drive a Lamborghini - maybe even five! A couple Aston Martins or Ferraris would be acceptable alternatives...

7. I need to go to bed.

OK, now for the tagging: I hereby choose Stephen, Daniel, Lisa, Derrick, Wesley, Lindsay, and...BEN!!!! I know, the odds of Ben doing it are probably one in f'(x) at x=37 where f(x)=x(3ex). Those odds are pretty bad. Still, that leaves one more option for all the others who have been tagged and still enables me to fill my list of seven.

P.s. Cara beat me even though I had been working on my post for over an hour by the time she started. How irksome! And this was "just going to be a quick post", too.

8 comments:

Susan Elizabeth said...

Most interesting. Especially about the electric knife. And by the by, is that a real equation? What does "e" equal?

Aaron said...

Yes, it is a real equation. The letter e represents the natural base, which is a mathematical constant, like pi. Also like pi, it is not a rational number, meaning it cannot be reduced to a fraction and the decimal expansion is infinite. It is approximately equal to 2.71828182845904l.

The equation I gave was an example of differentiation, which, as you can see from point #4, I prefer to integration. The solution is in the quintillions.

Booker said...

thankyou for the thought[and the link], so please don't be offended by my latest post, it is NOT aimed solely at you, but at Spam in general :-)

Aaron said...

DJ - Don't worry! I share your sentiments where e-mail is concerned, and it would take just about one more game of tag to get me to share them completely. (That is, except for the liking peach yogurt part.) :)

Unknown said...

Five Lamborghinis? You aim high...the question is, though, what will you do with five? Do you want five just to be extravagant and show off your wealth, or do you want them for your family, or are you just car-crazy? :)

Lol...I don't think many people say that without having their tongue in cheek. :) I myself only type it when I'm chatting to my cousin online, and then very rarely. I hate when people SAY it. Just laugh!!! OBVIOUSLY you're 'laughing out loud'! hahaha...:)

Susan Elizabeth said...

peach yogurt...yum!

Quintillion? Nevah heard of it....

TripleNine said...

That's a rather odd list of taggees. I think it would make a good excuse for a new blog, so I'll join in. Perhaps tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Mel - I want two Gallardos and two Murcielagos: a hardtop and a convertible of each. The other one can be the new Concept S, which I hope will be in production by that time. I'll only drive the Gallardos when I don't care how I look.

Zan - "Quintillion" is another way of saying "a billion trillion." It's pretty big.