March 20, 2005

My Newest News

After I got my license I drove to Fairwood that very day! I got there a bit early for Sabbath meeting at the Feast. I love the Feast! So many nice and friendly people, and good meetings too. In fact, my least favorite parts of the Feast are those with long activity-less afternoons (such as today).

One of the highlights of this Feast for me was sports. Mr. Knowles organized some youth sports on Saturday night and they were fun. I thought he had people subbing too much, though. We played soccer with seven teams of three! My team lost the one match we had. I had a bit more fun in basketball, strangely. I was on Dave Hansen's team and we won the first of the two games we played. I got three out of five shots! Dave got one, and Stephanie -- our other team mate -- got one, too. I don't think we got any at all the second game, and if we did it was only one or two and Dave probably got it.

The highlight of the SPORTS was -- for me -- VOLLEYBALL!!!! I love that sport. It's so awesome. I got about 90% of my serves, and I only flubbed returns two or three out of eight or nine times! My team last night -- which included Daddy, and was dubbed the Badgers by TJ -- won all four games we played.

The Adams boys made a snow fort (or two) and I added a slide to one of them! It was so fun! It went down the hill by the garbage shed to the circle by the Main House. The Adamses and Ryan poured water on it while I was gone for a piano lesson, and it was nice and slippery when I got back! Unfortunately/fortunately, we've had a lot of warm weather this week, and what WAS the slide became sticky, gooey, gross, brown, typical March mud. Oh, well; it was fun while it lasted.

No comments: