May 24, 2005

Countdown to Bliss

We leave for Cape Cod in just four days!!!!! I am totally excited. Unfortunately, the current forecast looks a bit grim (rain, t-showers, rain, cloudy, rain, rain....) but most of the chances of precipitation are below 50%, so there is hope. Just in case, however, I'll be careful to bring lots of rainy day equipment, such as games, puzzles, and a tape recorder. Two years ago the Holscher kids and us Sandford kids made a "radio play" with my little shoebox recorder that I brought. The story was about a sort of detective named "Tex Gardner" and a criminal that he was tracking all over the country (so that we could use lots of accents). The tape was really funny, and the making of it is one of my favorite memories. Sadly, we lost the tape.

Well, I would write more but it's super late: I had to wait for Bria to get off so I could get on, and she took forEVER! But, anyway, I don't have anything to say off the top of my head, so it's just as well.

As a side note, my Vocabulary book has been recovered. It was not lost after all; merely tucked in some small obscure corner of Daddy's car where it had eluded my searching gaze. So now I have four subjects to finish. Bother.

10 comments:

Ben H said...

it was "Garner" not "Gardner"

Booker said...

Ah ha! bad blood between the directors already! This is what happens when an ironclad agreement isn't hammered out ahead of time. Kind of like a pre-nup, but different :)

Aaron said...

Well, Ben, we never actually SPELLED it; I always pictured it as "Gardner." But I don't care, and it makes no difference, so Tex Garner it is.

Ben H said...

Garner is WAY more western/texan sounding. I knew you would see it my way. see you at the cape.

brilynne said...

It definitely sounded like Garner to me. Is Tex any relative of Jennifer?

Aaron said...

Ummm.... maybe we should do Gardner after all...

Ben H said...

I dont get it. Jennifer who...Lopez?

ljm said...

Have a great trip!

Aaron said...

Jennifer GARNER of course! Thanks, Liane.

Cara said...

yes it was def garner. (by the sound. aaron says i don't know cause we never wrote it out...but it was still definitely garner...)

sadly, the tape of tex's adventures fell into the clutches of bria and katherine and elixabeth and they ended it...with something like a southern belle and an accident and a bit of romance...