May 31, 2005

Yet Another Unfortunate Event

I have recently been going berserk with Daddy's Pentax K1000 SLR camera. I enjoy using it a lot. It's totally manual, and Daddy has three lenses for it with a variety of zooms. (No, I didn't drop it in the ocean.)

The unfortunate event referred to in the title of this post is this: over yesterday and today I took over twenty pictures that promised to be some of the best I had ever taken in my life. I couldn't wait to use up the film and develop it. The pictures were going to be so great! Such excitement! Such anticipation! Then all of a sudden my hopes were dashed. I rewound my film, opened the back of the camera, and . . . there was nothing there!!! Oh the anguish!!!!

Well, that little incident almost ruined my day. I feel better about it now, but that sure was a disappointment.

Y'know what's really weird? I've been at Cape Cod for almost three whole days and I haven't been to Kingsbury beach, which is where we usually vacation, the whole time! We can see it from our beach, but I haven't gone there at all. Fortunately, I am enjoying this beach here almost as much, and even if I wasn't, I'll probably go to Kingsbury a good amount after Friday, which is when THE HOLSCHERS ARE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and Kimberly : )

1 comment:

drewey fern said...

Aaahhhhhh! That's terrible! I feel your pain though - as do Amy, Melissa, and my Dad. Amy and I had a similar thing happen on a role we had taken together one weekend. Melissa had something happen to her role of JOHN VALENTIN pictures (or was in Nomar. Hmmm. either way...). And, perhaps worst of all, Daddy had it happen in ENGLAND. You are not alone in your pain - but that of course does not lessen the pain. Sigh. Maybe undeveloped pictures will be in Heaven.