May 09, 2005

Variety Exemplified

It’s been so long since I wrote on my blog, and I have a multitude of excuses. However, if I listed them all, the post would be quite similar to the one below, so, to preserve variety, I shall write something else.

For instance, we have a new car! Actually we’ve had this car—a Toyota Camry—for months and months (five total), but there was a lot of trouble getting the title transferred to us, and we only got it registered last week. The most exciting part of the car is that it has a manual transmission! I have driven the car about five miles so far, and I have a long way to go before I’m really any good at it. Several mistakes so far:

  • Stalling on a steep hill (Grandpa’s driveway)
  • Shifting from second gear to fifth
  • Backing down the driveway with the parking brake on

Notice none of the mistakes are things that I would be likely/able to do with an automatic!

Daddy got a new camera: a Pentax K1000 SLR from eBay. It came today, and I had fun switching lenses around and focusing and zooming, etc.

But wait! Now I’m talking too much about new things! I need variety! Let’s see.....

Ah, yes! Ben H. spent the night here on Thursday. In the two hours or so he was here awake, we made a little black and white silent movie called "The Phantom." It’s so incredible. It looks like it was straight out of Hollywood. You have to see it to believe it (or to prove the fact that I am wildly exaggerating). The best part is the credits: Phantom: Aaron, Victim: Ben, Producer: Aaron, Director: Ben, Visual effects: Aaron, etc., etc.

Speaking of movies, it seems to me like a lot more movies coming out in the past few years have been really good, or at least not really bad! For instance, LOTR, Spiderman, National Treasure, Sky Captain of the World of tomorrow, Star Wars, The Incredibles, A Series of Unfortunate Events, etc. I can't wait for Narnia......

3 comments:

Booker said...

I just can't believe you actually like Sky Captain :)

Booker said...

speaking of narnia, have you seen the hi-res quicktime trailer? i just downloaded it the other nite[54mb] and it was fantastic! lucy looks much true'er' to character this time around :)

the scenery and characters reminded of a cross between HP and LotR...

Aaron said...

There's no way I could download 54 mb in less than six hours or so with my internet connection. However, I have seen a bit of the preview pix and heard many other people speak excitedly of the films, and I love the Narnia series, so I am content to be enthusiasticly excited without the trailer. : ) BTW, what's HP?