July 11, 2005

I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Well, my faithful readers (or should I say, faithful blog checkers), my title says it all. I am back, back I am. I've been off the web almost as long as Rush Limbaugh was off the air last year. And I have SOOOOO much to write about. Fortunately for you, I will not even try to write it all out in one long long long long long post. This way is good for me too, in that I have many many many many many subjects to write about. So, for story number one.....

As most of you know, one of the first weeks after I stopped posting was the guys' week at Fairwood. It was very hot the first couple of days there. And for some reason, the room Ben and I were sleeping in was the hottest room in the dorm. We tried everything: we opened the window all the way; we turned on a fan in the window; we left the door open to the hall for cross-ventilation; we didn't use any blankets (I didn't, anyway). Yet we were still sweltering. I was perplexed. The next morning I went over to the window to feel what the temperature was like outside. I pressed my hand against the screen and felt.....glass? Then it hit me: the storm window was closed! I slept comfortably for the rest of the week.

2 comments:

Booker said...

Man, you and Kristi! What is with Fairwood and people and storm windows? Almost sounds like an epidemic...

Anonymous said...

Hahhhaha!!! I did that in the womans dorm. Tho, within the next five minuts of opening the window,I found that the room wasnt getting any cooler. Its a good thing I stayed in that room cuz I doubt that any of the other girls would have noticed.