July 16, 2005

My life (and near death)

As a side note: We had a Sandford gathering today. I had a really fun time. There's almost nothing better than a close-knit extended family.

I had an exciting little incident the other day. I was helping Daddy move his boat out for the road (for sale: 25' US Yacht; interested, call us) and I was driving the tractor while Daddy used a rope wrapped around the trailor hitch of the golf cart to keep the boat from rolling down the incline we were descending. I stopped for some reason, put the tractor's brake on, and started to get out of the tractor. Unfortunately, my shorts caught on the accelerator (a lever, not a pedal) and I was left partly hanging from the tractor and halfway hopping as the tractor roared down the drive pulling the boat--and the parked golf cart--behind it. I managed to stop the tractor before any damage was done, but the boat kept coming. I had to go a bit further or be smashed flat as a pancake, so I did, but Daddy got the boat under control pretty quickly once I stopped pulling it. Fun stuff, huh?

1 comment:

Booker said...

You should write a book about neardeath experiences. You can start with yours and Ben's, then hire me to do it to other people, then interview them! We both get rich and have lots of fun!!! It's a win-win situation. Just let me know when you want me to start...