October 10, 2006

Aaron the Noctolegiomaniac

Recently I have been reading in the most voracious manner I have ever read since, I think, sixth grade (when Hardy boys were keen). I always enjoy reading to an extent, but I tend to "take a break" after reading a book . . . and the break just keeps going and going. Not this week! Besides my literature book selections, I have read most of The Scarlet Letter and all of Agatha Christie's The Body in the Library and Lemony Snicket's The Bad Beginning in the past couple days alone. I know, only three books...but this time I WANT to keep going, and I read three books - one of them a classic!!!!!!!! - in just a few days. You may ask, "When does Aaron find this kind of time?" I will tell you. I don't know. (Actually, I do, but if I said so it would deviate from the quote.) I have been reading mostly at night. Like, late at night. I started the mystery novel last night at 11:30 and finished it at 2:00. Smart, huh? Expand you brain when you have nothing else to do.

Except now I'm tired. So tired I can't do anything but post on my blog.

The human mind (mine, at least) is a strange thing.

Tricky question: what do this car and I have in common? We're both Ramblers!!!! Ha. Ha. Ha. Or, as Craig would say, "Polite chuckles."

By the way, "Noctolegiomaniac" is a big big word that, in this case, means "one who stays up late reading."

Exclusive(!) pronunciation guide and etymological disection:
[noct-o-lej'ee-o-MAYN'ee-ak: noct (night) + leg(ere) (to read) + maniac (madman, basically)]

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Right. All I could get out of the entire 'noctolegiomaniac' thing is that I think you made it up...but I'm not positive. :)

Susan Elizabeth said...

Keen...neato..swell...I love those words...Let's make them popular again...that would be keen! (Next thing you know, I will be referring to TacCom as a complete dreamboat!)
2:00am? Pretty quiet time.

Aaron said...

Don't you love the word "noctolegiomaniac" too?

Unknown said...

Okay, now I'm positive; you definitely made that word up....:)

Susan Elizabeth said...

...All this talking in long, difficult to pronounce words gives me a frightful headache...

Didja make it up?

Booker said...

I totally relate to being one of "those"[I'm not even going to attempt to spell it out, not even with cut and paste]. Can't do that much any more though, I pay to much the next day...

Cara said...

Witty quotes. I'd give this post a five star rating, I enjoyed it so much! Maybe because it's my first post since blog fast, but I really think it's a king of a post!

Aaron said...

In answer to the questions of Mrs. and Miss F, yes, "noctolegiomaniac" is my own invention. It is, however, based on real Latin roots.