October 28, 2006

Happy End of Daylight Shifting Time!

I'm so brilliant! That name is so much more accurate than "Daylight Saving Time", because who can actually literally "save" daylight? God, and God alone! (Just check out the book of Joshua in the Bible, or watch A Knight's Tale.) The whole situation reminds me of the legend in which some king named Canute proved that he wasn't omnipotent by unsuccessfully ordering the tide to retreat. What happened? It kept coming! DUUUHH! And you can't change the amount of sunlight any more than you can change the tide! Good grief! What are people thinking!?!?!? Sigh. I guess I'm the only sane person in this world. I mean, who else would have thought of a title for DST that is so much more appropriate?

So, now it's confession time. I didn't think of it myself! I was plagiarizing!!!! At least, I would have been, were I not to point you to this little link. The whole idea came from someone else; I just argued the point much more eloquently.

1 comment:

Susan Elizabeth said...

hmmmmmm... makes you think, doesn't it?