December 17, 2006

Aaron S: Diary of a Young Boy

Due to lack of time and space, I've been forced to share only about half of the volume of my first diary with you. Nevertheless, I have managed to include, word for word, what I think are probably the most enjoyable nuggets from the little (and I mean LITTLE) volume.

Sat., 1996, Mar. 2:
On the 27th in February, was my birthday! I am 7 years old! ....

You will soon find that the subject of this last little entry - birthdays - once predominated nearly the entirety of my thoughts, or at least those I deigned worth sharing with the future. I shall now skip two entries to bring you to one of the next notable days in my calendar:
Friday, November 1, 1996:
...It is Bria's birthday, and she is (9) 9 years old...

...My Jack-knife is missing. It has my diary keys on it. My diary was locked, but Bria let me use her keys. Her key's are just like mine.

At Breakfast we had egg's and bacon. For lunch bologna Sadwiches.

Bria chose Savory Chicken, rice, lima beans, String beans, cornbread, and water for supper. For desert, of course, it was cake.

...My birthday is on February 27th. Next year I am turning eight.

Cara turned 6 last Friday.

That's all I have to say today!

Saterday, November 2, 1996:
...Next year on my birthday I want to get playmobil, train tracks, Some books, and some little lego's.

Next year my birthday is goint to be on a thursday. I hope I'm going to have a nice birthday.

Like random? You'll love this:
Sunday, November 24, 1996:
In four days is thanksgiving. Lisa A***** has e-mail in Bible school. I need new pajama's. Today mama is going out. Tomorrow We have school. I'm going to rest now!

Tuesday, November 26, 1996:

Today is cleaning day. I cleaned one of the bathrooms, my room, and nothing else.

Monday, December 30, 1996:

Today I Accidentally broke a chip (about this big -> [little scrawl]) off my violin. Kimberly M***** is coming over. We alway's have a fun time together. I cleaned my room today. It looks much better than yesterday.

I'm not sure why I said Kimberly and I "alway's have a fun time together." Please don't misunderstand me: Kimberly is both very nice and very fun. However, as a general rule, she played with Bria whenever she came to our house (possibly because they were both girls and she is about 4.5 years older than I). In fact, the above-mentioned event may have been the very time I got so mad at Bria and Kimberly for excluding me that I threw a metal trash can at our poor guest. I believe I got in rather serious trouble.

This entry immediately follows the last one:
Tuesday, February 28, 1997:
Yesterday was my Birthday! I'm Eight now.

Ninety-seven was actually a good year for my journal-keeping. I posted a nearly record-breaking SEVEN POSTS before I got to this next one below:
Sunday, December 7, 1997:
Christmas is only 19 days away! I'm very excited....I've made a cardboard dollhouse out of a box.

Next post:
Monday, January 26, 1998:
Christmas was 32 days ago. I got [blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah]. Well, I have nothing else to say!

Saturday, January 16, 1999:
....In about a month I'll be 10. My first decade! My next one is 20.

And with those words of wisdom, I'll sign off, wishing all of you a very merry last-week-before-Christmas!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact that you refer to diary entries as "posts" makes me laugh.

Laughter said...

Yes, I was thinking the same thing :)

Aaron said...

Oops. I MEANT to write "entries." In fact, everywhere it actually says entry, I wrote "posts" and then deleted it. :)

Unknown said...

:D

KJ said...

Hehehe... fun times Aaron!

Photoguy said...

that is random, how funny!

Linds said...

Aaron - those made me LAUGH! Thanks :)

Kristi said...

Sounds like your life revolved around birthdays and holidays! I guess maybe that's typical for most kids.

lis said...

That was great! And I'm honored to see that it was important to report that I'd gotten email! ;O)