December 28, 2006

Shoulder Angels

CAST
Good Shoulder Angel (A1)
Bad Shoulder Angel (A2)
Aaron (Me)

Scene: Aaron's bedroom

-----------------------

Me: What should I do now?

A2: The blog calls!

A1: School calls louder!

A2: That may be, but the blog has been more neglected.

Me: He's right! (Starts post about shoulder angels)

A1: Don't you want to graduate next year?

Me: Gulp. (Pauses)

A2: Think of your audience! Your fans! The huddled masses yearning to be edified!

Me: You're right! Send these, the tempest-tossed to me. Just five more minutes, Good Shoulder Angel, that's all I ask.

A1: But think of your mother!

Me: (Addressing Bad Shoulder Angel) You know, he's got a point.

A2: The masses!

A1: The mother!

A2: The masses!

A1: The mother!

Me: Guys, guys. Just quit it. I'm trying to write, and you're making it hard.

A1: What! You're writing on your blog?!?! You're giving in to that low-down good-for-nothing creep who dares to label himself an angel?!?!?

Me: Well, I kind of labeled him that myself...

A1: For shame!

Me: (Sighs) You're right. After all, you are the good shoulder angel. I guess I'd better get to work.

A2: But....

Me: (With head high and noble tones and expression) No buts, coward! I am going to do what I know is right! No longer will I fritter away my time pursuing popularity when I could be expanding my mind! Education must triumph! I will do the right thing, with malice toward none, with charity toward all! Once again good will prevail!

The End

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wise choice, my son. I must have been praying for you ... at that moment.:) How long did it take you to write that post??????????????????

Anonymous said...

I guess your mother was praying for you while she was watching Raiders of the Lost Ark then.

Wicked good post.

Don't mind me if I remind you of it from time to time.

Photoguy said...

How poetic! ;-)

drewey fern said...

Wow! How inspirational! I've got to quit reading blogs and get back to grading! :)

lis said...

Hmmm, those angels sound familiar! :O)

Unknown said...

Good work. Many times have I been confronted with that situation, except usually the book calls or the crocheting calls instead of the blog. And believe me, it's HARD!

Susan Elizabeth said...

How very INTERESTING...to blog or not to blog...this is the question that has plagued all of us since the dawn of blogging....well, I see A2 won the day...this time...despite the "supposed" (blogged) battle.

Unknown said...

Hey, that's right. A2 did win, not A1! I knew something was up...:)

Anonymous said...

There is NO A1 or A2, but only Blogging.

Remember this and you will become wise like me.

Cara said...

So what will it be??? Graduation or blog?

Aaron said...

Hmmmm....

Unknown said...

You're making me look bad...I mean about the template. Grrrrr...

However, it does look cool. :)

Kayla said...

so does this mean we won't be seeing you at fairwood next year?

good post nonetheless. i never thought about writing one that was only about my indecision whether to be writing or not! hmm. . . not a bad idea.