December 04, 2006

Memo to the Masses

Boston's Classical Station, WCRB, has moved to 99.5. They "bring [me] my favorite classical music and now it's up to [ME] to spread the word, to tell my friends, family, and EVEN THE MAILMAN!!!" I just figured I might as well tell my blog-readers, since then I can forget about it, except for telling the mailman. I guess I'll go wait for him at the end of the driveway. Sigh.

(Can't you just picture the mailman's amusement? "Hello, Mr. Mailman, I was wondering when you'd come! I've been waiting here for an hour so I could tell you that WCRB is now on 99.5 instead of 102.5! Aren't you GLAD!?!? Well, have a nice day...oh, and I'll take the mail.")

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahaha, don't worry; we already knew. And I'm sure the mail man appreciated the information. :)

Susan Elizabeth said...

I love WCRB! I did know they moved to 99.5. It won't sound the same when they give their call letters..."This is Laura Carlisle, here on 99.5 WCRB..." too weird!

You talk to your mail carrier? (notice I didn't say "Mailman"?! How pc of me!!)

drewey fern said...

Oh THANK YOU!!!

I turned on 102.5 yesterday and there was COUNTRY coming in loud and strong. EH?!?! I had this vague memory of them moving, but I couldn't remember where to.

So THANK YOU! You have SAVED the DAY!

Aaron said...

Mrs. F. - I actually only talk to him when he comes to the door. And then, I don't call him "Mr. Mailman"; I call him Mr. Fa******, because that's his name. :)

Drewey Fern - glad I could be of service. :D