April 26, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

I haven’t posted as much recently, the reason being that I’ve been, well, busy. I recently started reading a lot more than I had been, and that has taken up a lot of my online time. I usually have a hard time getting started with books, but once I’m into them they take up most of my free time; I like to go through books as fast as I can, whether or not I enjoy them. Right now I’m about two hundred pages into The Chosen by Chaim Potok (284 pages total), and I read a hundred of those pages tonight (between about 9:00 and 10:15, I think).

Another thing that has taken up time is rowing. I didn’t do any today, but yesterday I rowed around the pond for well over an hour! I listened to a CD I burned that has some of my favorite songs from musicals (e.g. The Music Man), and, to keep from getting just one arm really tired, I changed direction every time a new song came. It’s amazing how music can make the most tedious thing infinitely more interesting. (Well, not quite infinitely, but almost. I had decided earlier that I would row until the end of the CD. I couldn’t remember how many songs there were on the CD, and after the 18th, 19th, and 20th I kept thinking, "Phew, at last it’s over," but it wasn’t. Almost over, but not quite.)

I’ve been driving a good amount, too. Yesterday I went to town to pick up pizza for dinner, and last night I went out with the girls and drove home. Today I drove Chad to the airport. The sum of hours away from home over the past two days comes to between four and five.

Then, considering the hours and hours and hours and hours of school I have to do, is it any wonder that I never can find the time to post? I mean, who does have the time to sit down and write multiple paragraphs about his life or whatever? I mean, come on!

By the way, in case anyone saw my "All about the oil" post and didn’t see the following comments under a different post, there is a joyous ending! I changed the oil in the correct van, and everyone involved is living happily ever after.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Aaron. I've been busy too. Too bad, but I wont be going to the youth convention. Sooo, I guess I'll see you at the Cape.

Claire said...

Aaron...I've been catching up on your blogs of late and it's good to hear all about the doings of the Sandford household. I really like Chaim Potok's books - what's your opinion? When is Bria's graduation? Also- what is the email address of the SSE office? I know, I know...too many questions...

Anonymous said...

OK, here goes:

1. I liked The Chosen (I finished it today) and it was interesting, although it didn't leave me feeling extremely satisfied.

2. Bria's graduation is on June 25, and you're invited! We are going to send out invitations later, but you get this one in advance!

3. The e-mail address of the office is ejssurvey@aol.com.

Booker said...

I really liked Potok's stuff. Not necessarily from a christian viewpoint, but well written. There is a sequel to The Chosen, but don't remember what it is called. Not as good as the first as I remember...

brilynne said...

Yes, the sequel to The Chosen is The Promise. It's not nearly as good.

Aaron said...

Steph --
I only know one way, and it's not the only or the best way, but here it is anyway:

1. Post a picture on a blog.

2. Click on the picture from your blog home page.

3. Highlight the address displayed in the address bar of you browser and press Ctrl+C (copy)

4. Edit your profile, and in the box for the Photo URL, press Ctrl+V (Paste).

I hope this helps, but if you want to do it a different way (i.e., with a picture website) you'll have to ask someone else, like Brad. : )

--Aaron

Aaron said...

oh wait, you already managed it! Haha, all that work fo nothing. How did YOU do it?