September 22, 2006

A Shining Example of Breviloquence

Well, I don't have much to say, but I'll say it anyway.  Last night, as I lay sleepless in my bed until the early hours of morning (why, why did I have to take that Excedrin?), I schemed grand schemes for my spectacular Sabbath Post.  I would write poetry!  I would post pictures!  I would thrill and awe!  The wonders of my rhetorical, technical, and artistic skills would be sung to the third, yea to the third and fourth generations!  Alas, it was not to be.  Instead I involuntarily cleaned the kitchen to give everyone else a Sabbath break.  Sigh.  At least that's over.  It wasn't too bad, really; I recited "The Raven", "Paul Revere's Ride", and "The Embarrassing Episode of Little Miss Muffet" while Ryan prompted me.  I sang "You Gotta Eat Your Spinach" and "Come and Get Your Happiness" (from Shirley Temple's Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, in case you wondered) to pass the time.  By 9:30, however, it was getting old. I am so slow at cleaning the kitchen, and, unfortunately, "passing the time" never speeds things up.

Well, I know you were all dying for news from my end, and boy, do I have some for you!  I rearranged my room again!  Woohoo!  There's something I like just so much about rearranging furniture.  This time it was not just for fun, though.  I had a mission: to move my bed, bookcases, bureau, desk, and computer in such a way as freed up enough wall space for me to bring my keyboard into my room.  I managed it!  Fortunately, I like it, too.  It's not as aesthetically pleasing as the former arrangement, perhaps, but it is more functional.  The best part (other than that I now have a keyboard in my room) is that my bed is directly under the skylight, and I can look straight up into the stars!  Not that our stars compare with those of the Catskills or even western NH, but I'll take what I can get.

(Speaking of the stars in the Catskills, have you ever seen them?  I have lain for hours on the H.'s lawn just gazing at the sheer beauty of the sky.  If you haven't seen stars like that you don't know what you've missed.)

Well, I'm going to leave off here in hopes of my pastor reading my blog post aaaaaaaaalll the way through.  He told me today that he doesn't always get through my lengthy "sermons."   I said to him, "Upon my honor!"


Actually, I didn't.  : )

9 comments:

Susan Elizabeth said...

Well, I read your loonnng posts all the way through, (yawn) although, sometimes, I do get a bit fatigued toward the end...(yawn) and have to take a nap afterwards....JUST KIDDING!! I love the Shirley Temple version of Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. (even if it has nothing to do with the classic book) The little girl auditions in the beginning are memorable, to say the least.

Unknown said...

I was right there when Pastor Evan said that to you, and you most certainly DID NOT say "Upon my honor". Good thing you wrote "Actually I didn't"...you must have known that there would be some very indignant comments from witnesses like me if you didn't....

Just kidding. :)

TacCom said...

Well, I made it all the way through and have but one thing to say.... I am thinking something more than Excedrin.

TacCom out [really OUT after that post] And further more, I..was...ah..well...thennn. ...zzzzzzzzzz......

~jenna said...

oh my

Claire said...

Aaron, upon MY honor, I'm not sure that your room is correctly arranged for optimum chi. Or is it chee? Whatever the fung shue thing is...

And your map confused me...I was trying to figure out WHERE the bed was...until I realized that the thing that says "SKYLIGHT" IS THE BED! Aaahhhh.... Clever.....

Kayla said...

I actually made it all the way through as well! I'm very proud of you my dear cousin. . . and I still hope you're not offended that I told you I thought for just a split second that you were Daniel L! hehe

Aaron said...

Not at all, K! Although why he was the person who popped into your mind I will never know!

Anonymous said...

I always wanted a skylight.

Unknown said...

The stars in northern NH were pretty awesome, too. It's too bad we live so close to a city with lots of lights....