November 01, 2006

Joyeux Anniversaire à ma soeur!

For Bria - of this day the queen:
Ah, she has eyes of purest green,
Her teeth are nothing if not white,
Her soft, sweet smile a fair delight;
Her cheeks are like a nectarine.

This lass, with hair of golden sheen,
I pray this verse does not demean;
Or else my own cheek I would smite
For Bria!

For on this day, with rapture seen
By rich, by poor, by those between,
I do not wish to place a blight,
Be it great or be it slight,
But wish an overjoyed nineteen
For Bria!

7 comments:

lis said...

Impressive, AHS!

And happy birthday, dear Bria!

~jenna said...

Happy Birthday Bria!!

Aaron said...

Here's another one:

I do not wish to seem aloof,
But Bria's years are now dix-neuf.

:)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Bria!!!

And Happy Debut-into-the-poetry-world-day, Aaron!

KJ said...

You're amazing Aaron... sounds familiar to another work of art you and Ben compiled - a take off of Song of Solomon?

And Bria: Happy Birthday dear Friend!

drewey fern said...

Happy Birthday Bria! I was just reflecting this morning upon the coolness of the date Nov 1. For some reason it just struck my fancy. Maybe your birth is the reason why! :)

ljm said...

WoW!
And yes, Happy Birthday Bria! Where can I get the teeth whitener she uses?