November 30, 2006

The Glass Was At Least Half Full Today

Today was pretty nice, athough the weather was a wee bit cool for July. Which is fine since it's the last day in November. Sorry, all you West Coast people, but I can't help but exult in the splendor of today's weather. The air smelled and felt WONDERFUL. My only regret is that I spent so little of my time today outside.

Now, to ward off all cries of "HYPOCRITE!" (see Andrea's blog...), I feel compelled to point out that I would have been equally exultant if we got dumped with a foot of snow. It would make the Christmas season seem so much more legitimate. On the other hand, even a cold, sunny, day would be better than the rain that predominated throughout the first half of the week! But since today's weather was positively vernally splendiferous, "I must shout to the world my excitement from the top of some place very high!" (AKA my fourth-story bedroom; quote from Cars.)

Another reason I have for being happy is that I found a deal on TigerDirect.com for a NEW PCI WIRELESS ADAPTER!!!! (Right now I have a USB adapter with a nominal antenna.) This is going to be AWESOME, because, as KJ and anyone else who has either used my computer or logged on to AIM while I was also on, assuming that said person has me on his Buddy List, and watches it - as any of those people know, my connection is bad. Bad, bad, bad. High-speed, it's true, and I'm grateful for that; but who doesn't get annoyed, high-speed or not, if every thirty seconds his computer resets the connection!? Who likes to likes to listen all day to "Welcome!" ... "Goodbye!" ... "Welcome!" ... "Goodbye!"? Who likes to see "Connection lost" and "Wireless Network Now Connected" repeated over and over and over at the bottom of his screen? I tell you, my blood boils even thinking about it!!! AND IT'S ALL HAPPENING THIS VERY INSTANT!!!!

Sigh. My fondest hope is that, come December 5th, all connection problems will be HISTORY! That sounds like heaven on earth....

...except I still have to write essays on Limited Omniscient Narrative Voice and how it applies to my life.

Sort of.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The PCI wireless adapter sounds great! I hope it improves your connection immensely...

Could you possibly e-mail me your AIM screenname? I have Cara's, but I don't think I have anyone else's (of your family). You don't have to; I just wondered.

ljm said...

Aaron, I just have to thank you for your great frost pictures you posted a while back...they inspired me to try it myself recently and I've used one of those at the top of my blog. So...it's all because of YOU...to YOU goes the glory.

Also, thanks for the link gallery you set up. It actually seems to update faster than my bloglines account which is slower than slow.
It's always good to have a S--d on your side.