April 16, 2005

Aunts

What did P. G. Wodehouse have against aunts? Did he suffer from some strange case of amitaphobia (I coined that word myself from "amita", Latin for aunt)? Bria is currently listening to a Jeeves tape in my room, and Wooster just described five aunts as "bacteria." Also, what more frightful literary character can be imagined than Aunt Agatha? (No, I don't want answers to that question; it was rhetorical.) I for one certainly don't share his sentiment. I have five aunts myself, and they're all quite nice.

3 comments:

drewey fern said...

Hurrah for PG Wodehouse! He is one of the absolute cleverest writers. I have to laugh with great glee when I read him - perhaps more so because the ridiculous scrapes his characters get into are usually safely outside of the realm of Andrea-possibility. All of my aunts are quite nice, too.

Anonymous said...

yup, aunts aren't bacteria. bertie is quite demented

Aaron said...

What, Andrea? Don't you think you could steal a policeman's helmet?