April 13, 2005

Fickle New Hampshire Weather, etc.

Today it snowed! Yes, believe it or not, for about fifteen minutes this morning little flurries were coming down from the sky above. "Well," you might say, "I guess it must be cold in New Hampshire today." Au contraire! Last I checked it was about 55 degrees and dazzlingly sunny!

For writing in school today I had to write a four page description of a fictional new house. My internet writing teacher said that was about 900 words. For about two and a half hours I labored to think up the extra 600 words I needed! That was very tiring. I finally finished it, though. Add to that a test in history (on which I got a 98!) and a math test, and even after 4.5 hrs of school I still have to do Italian, Biology, Vocabulary, and Grammar! Sigh.

A quick anecdote: The other day I got a score of 100 on a math lesson. Naturally, I was excited and wanted to doodle my score all over the top of the page. I decided, however, that I would exercise restraint and just write my score in Roman numerals -- which looks cool when you have, say a 97 (XCVII), but is a bit anticlimactic with a perfect score of 100 (plain old boring -- and misleading -- "C"). : )

No comments: