April 02, 2005

Sickness, sickness, everywhere

Well, here I am again. Bet y'all were practically perishing with anxiety and anticipation in my absence, huh?

Well, I'm guessing not. Probably everyonewho reads my blog reads one or both of my sisters' blogs, and they both mentioned where we were (as I mentioned where we were GOING to be in a previous post).

I got a LOT of driving in in this past week+. I'm not sure how much in miles, but in hours....let's see: 0.5 to my lesson, 0.5 back, 3 to VT from my house, 1 hr driving in NY, and 2 from NY back to VT. That's eight hours in five days, four hours in one day. The driving went pretty smoothly. Bria drove the 2 hrs to NY from VT and the 3 hrs from VT to NH (oh, wonderful, beautiful NH!).

I had a really fun time out in the hills. We tried going sledding on Saturday, but the air was warm and the snow was wet. A few people went down successfully, but usually the sled would either go slooooooowly down the hill or zip straight toward a spot of open mud that lay near the bottom of the hill. By the time we had finished sledding, there was only a thin layer of slush lying on the hill.

Ben and I drove to town once or twice to pick up some things. The first time we went to get pizza. Ben told me to take some nice little side road and took me in a nice big loop, telling me, "It's weird with these roads. You feel like you're going in a circle." I nodded understandingly--and then came to a strangely familiar intersection. Ben burst out laughing (understandably) and guided me without further "mistake" to the pizzeria, which turned out to be about a hundred feet from that nice little side road.

We had a really nice time out in NY, but almost as soon as we got back (on Tuesday), everyone collapsed into sickness. I slept for an hour in the car and three or more hours on the couch. The next morning I had a fever of 105! I wasn't very comfortable that day. The next day my fever had gone down a good deal, but it was still there. Yesterday and today I've had mostly just a cough and sinus headache, and I'm slowly getting better. Mama got us a DVD collection of an old TV show, and we watched that constantly almost all week. The collection has 36 half-hour episodes, and we've seen over thirty of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

didn't hear the story about you and Ben going on the side road....I love it