April 06, 2005

I feel....happy!

Not that I don’t usually feel that way. It’s just that I feel more so because of the beautiful weather outside! It’s 66 degrees out with little breeze and a lot of sun. Right now I’m sitting out on the porch. It’s so amazingly lovely. The driveway is finally drying up, and we can play basketball again. The lawn is still ice-covered mud, but that’s not unusual. There are mallards in the pond again. Little lily plants are shooting up in the flower garden. The pond is almost half melted – but that isn’t necessarily a good thing as far as I’m concerned. You see, each member of our family guesses when he thinks the ice will melt off each year in early March, and whoever has the closest guess wins – um – wins nothing, but wins nevertheless. We had a very cold March, so I guessed that the ice would melt on May 1. Now it looks like the ice will be gone a LOT sooner than that, and I will probaby lose. Fortunately, the ice doesn’t have to melt that late for me to be able to win. I will still be closest if it melts on or after April 26 (and before May 3: Bria guessed May 5).

Even though I want to be the winner in the ice guess, I only want that if the weather can stay this beautiful. Who cares about losing when the air smells and feels this good?!

No comments: